Below you may find the full text of all the phrases from Jacob’s Room in this video.
All of the brilliant 20 quotes from this video are here to make your mind work. But be cautious! They may become a key to your spiritual transformation change your view of life completely. Add some inspiration into your daily routine by learning from the wisdom of the ages.
Share this video with finest quotations from Jacob’s Room on your Tumblr, Tinder or Skype page, send it to a friend, mark as favorite or add to one of your YouTube playlists. You might as well copy the most notable quotes from the description below and make them your Tumblr or Tinder status. Or you can simply write them in your notebook.
Here’s the full list of top 20 quotes from Jacob’s Room:
1) You deserve a longer letter than this; but it is my unhappy fate seldom to treat people so well as they deserve.
2) Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost.
3) A letter is always better than a phone call. People write things in letters they would never say in person. They permit themselves to write down feelings and observations using emotional syntax far more intimate and powerful than speech will allow.
4) We lay aside letters never to read them again, and at last destroy them out of discretion, and so disappears the most beautiful, the most immediate breath of life, irrecoverably for ourselves and for others.
5) To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart.
6) Do you mean to tell me that Mr. Trevor read my letter? demanded Lady Buxted indignantly. Your secretary?
I employ him to read my letters, explained his lordship.(Alverstroke)
Not those written by your nearest and dearest!
Oh, no, not them! he agreed.
7) It’s funny; in this era of e-mail and voice mail and all those things that even I did not grow up with, a plain old paper letter takes on amazing intimacy.
8) Dear, I can’t write, it’s all a fantasy: a kind of circling obsession.
9) Whoever has no house now, will never have one.
Whoever is alone will stay alone,
will sit, read, write long letters through the evening,
and wander on the boulevards, up and down,
restlessly, while dry leaves are blowing.
10) Nemo est qui tibi sapientius suadere possit te ipso: numquam labere, si te audies.
(Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself: if you heed yourself, you’ll never go wrong.)
11) If the portraits of our absent friends are pleasant to us, which renew our memory of them and relieve our regret for their absence by a false and empty consolation, how much more pleasant are letters which bring us the written characters of the absent friend.
12) Because thou writest me often, I thank thee .. Never do I receive a letter from thee, but immediately we are together.
13) But writing poems and letters doesn’t seem to do much good.
14) My education was neglected, yet I was passionately fond of reading.
15) Not numbering and counting, but ripening like a tree.
16) If I never see you again
I will always carry you
on my fingertips
and at brain edges
and in centers
of what I am of
17) Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious
18) I’m more than ever of the opinion that a decent human existence is possible today only on the fringes of society, where one then runs the risk of starving or being stoned to death. In these circumstances, a sense of humor is a great help.
19) I thought I had everything until I found you.
20) All letters of love are
They wouldn’t be love letters if they were not
If you want to explore other quotes from Jacob’s Room, as well as from many other sources, add Daily quotes to your bookmarks.
In your opinion, did we choose 20 quotes from Jacob’s Room most worthy of your attention? Which quote from Jacob’s Room in the video is to your liking? Have better quotes from Jacob’s Room to share? We wait for your comments.
Please support this Daily quotes video: watch it, like it, share it with a friend. It’s worth it!
Subscription to Daily quotes channel is free, and you’ll get а limitless source of inspiration. Discover our growing collection of quotes from your movies, songs, favorite books and wise people you like.